Granted Bed Head landed four spots at the top, but I love their products: I used them all throughout my teen and college years. These products all worked miracles for my naturally curly hair.
There are many different types of products you can use to achieve very different hair styles and looks.
- Gel: wet look, hard texture, medium to strong hold.
- Hairspray: dry look with a stiff or sticky texture, sets a blowdried, flat ironed, or curled look well.
- Mouse (whip): works like a gel but in a much softer way to help loosen curls.
- Serum: anti-friz product applied before styling.
- Glue: like gel, but turned up a level.
- Pomade: like a wax but either creamier or smoother.
- Wax: like a glue but sticky and dryer.