- China White Clay– a delicate type of Kaolin clay that’s great for normal or dry skin-types because it does not draw oil or moisture from the skin like other types of clay.
- French Green Clay, a type of Illite clay that is great for oily skin because it does draw oil from pores.
- Bentonite: a volcanic ash clay great for normal skin types, is used in muds, dry shampoos, and scrubs.
- Red Moroccan Clay (Rhassoul or Red Clay): great for normal skin types, and according to http://mynaturalhairgrowth.net, “[is] documented to help reduce dryness, improve skin clarity and elasticity and for it’s extractive abilities that remove impurities and unblock pores, even stubborn blackheads.”
- Fuller’s Earth: great for drawing oil from the skin, is perfect for normal and oily skin types.
What type of clay mask is right for me?
- Normal Skin: Bentonite, Fuller’s Earth, Illite, Red Moroccan and Kaolin
- Oily and Acne Prone Skin: Bentonite, French Green,, Fuller’s Earth, and Red Moroccan.
- Dry and Sensitive Skin: Red Moroccan and Kaolin (Buck 2014)
*Stay tuned to my blog and my Fashion, Lifestyle, and Beauty YouTube Channel, as I’ll be explaining the different types of clays and their uses.