DIY Ringlight $20 No LED’s, No Wiring, no welding! Just screw it into a lamp and turn it on!
- A 16″ Circline Fluorescent Bulb ($9, Home Depot, Lowes, or a hardwear store),
- A Circline Ballast Adaptor ($10 + S&H Ebay, or $12.99 at https://www.lightbulbs.com)
- Optionally, a fan cover or something to put the bulb on,
- Conduit clamps to secure the bulb ($1.50 home depot)
- …I also used zip ties and a temp solution of twist ties (like on bread haha).
- I attached a fan cover to a lamp using zip ties
- placed an iphone holder (from selfie stick) onto the screw that connects the lampshade
- Screwed the Ballast Adaptor into the light socket
- connected it to the circline bulb (4 pin connector)
- secured the circline bulb using the conduit clamps and twist ties