Since I’ve begun testing and trying new makeup products I’ve noticed something- this process is tough on the skin! I know, unlike many, not to stretch the lids open when lining, to be delicate and not drag with the under eye area…but with liner, concealer, foundation, then worst of all removing it, I find myself wondering just how much women are prematurely aging their skin with bad techniques and, I shudder to think, bad cosmetics & beauty products 😱.
- Don’t pull the eyelids open to line your water line: it causes drooping of the muscles and premature wrinkles and sagging.
- Be delicate with the under eye area– don’t drag products, removers, brushes or applicators too harshly over the skin.
- Don’t press and pull your makeup remover wipes: fold and place them on the eye area to the lash line, use the folded side to get under the lashes on the lower lid (over on upper lid). Delicately run it over your face.
- When cleansing your face, very gently place lather below the eye using your ring finger, allow it to sit for a few seconds before gently working the lather around to remove the eye makeup.
- Do moisturize: try a hyaluronic moisturizer (I find to be the only non-clogging option for me), or a non comedogenic UVA/UVB 30 SPF moisturizer- but know you’ll have to watch those pores.
- Do not go to bed wearing your makeup.
- Use a Glycolic Acid facial cleanser for anti-aging or a Salicylic Acid face wash for acne treatment & prevention.
- Apply Eye Cream regulularly.
- All shade all day: don’t forget your sunglasses Erica! 😎 Try having a cheap knock around pair handy for when you don’t want to damage or lose those designer pairs (I leave a pair in my bag and another in my car).